Monday, September 17, 2007

Tent - Without Shelter (LP, Wereldrekord, 1983)




Another case of 'Modern' popmusic signed to a major, where Tent, who were from Kennermerland, and consisted of Anja Bienold (keyboards, vocals), Karel Van Dijck (bas), Kees Wassenaar (drums) and Tjebbo Van Dijk (keyboards). I am not sure if their second LP 'Uncertain And Wild' is any good, but 'Without Shelter', their debut from 1983 certainly stands the test. Good electronic popmusic that doesn't sound too strange or weird, and 'Miles And Miles' is the best one of the lot. I have no idea what happened with them, or wether they ever played live.

download

9 comments:

Unknown said...

this was simply amazing.

any leads on where to find their other album to put it to the test?

Anonymous Schizo said...

this is actually a very cool album, reminds me of early cure. thanks.

Hans D. said...

'Miles and Miles' is also my favourite, I have it on 7" too.

Their second album is quite similar to the debut. It's a mini with 6 tracks, most of them nice melodic synth poppy songs, and 1 or 2 more adventurous percussive pieces.

433 RPM said...

i'll get the second one somewhere soon, and i'll post it. actually quite curious myself...

Mic B said...

According to Dr. Lutgard TENT supported Two Supply in Paradiso on the 21th of April 1983. So yes, they were a live band.

My Name Is Joe said...

They played in Haarlem in what must have been the first 'Bevrijdingsfestival'. That must've been in 1983 or 1984. You can find a little bit of information about them here (in Dutch)
http://www.popinstituut.nl/biografie/tent.26.html

DJ Donn said...

They did play live gig.I been to one or two. I think i was at 'Bevrijdingsfestival' when they played. But i was 12 or so so cant really remember much. I personally think they deserved much more than they got!!

XOL DOG 400 said...

Check "You will fall" on "Uncertain and Wild". Very good also. (I have both vinly). I liked them much back then (and still do today), too bad that they just vanished.

Unknown said...

Great to find this music here! I liked Tent a lot (especially the drums) and even as a poor student traveled to some of their live concerts. It was always worth it. Too bad they never got a bigger audience. There were some other interesting Dutch band around the same time like Weekend at Waikiki, Sammy's American Mom, Charlene (?)