Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Best Of Zimbo (tape, Zimbo Tapes 4, 198?)


The first of several tapes from this highly obscure Dutch label. It was run by John de Pagter and in many of the projects he was involved himself. I tried seperating the various tracks, but didn't succeed as they are linked together. Included are The Kif-brothers, John & Peter, The Smelly Tongues, Zimbo & Wedge, Embryo, Zimbo, Some Bizarre, The Book Of..., Mojique. None of these names mean much to me, as I only saw them on Zimbo Tapes. The music is all electronic, from minimal synth to experimental. More to come!

download or download

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these old touch-tapes are really great... looking forward for your others... thanx c.

Anonymous said...

More to come... http://zimbo-tapes.hyves.nl/

By the way, all these music was made by me, mostly solo and some with one or more friends...

433 RPM said...

he john

goed van je te horen... mail me: 433rpm@gmail.com